The River North bar has closed days after a deadly mass shooting over the weekend | Media Pyro


The city shut down a nightclub in River North on Tuesday after a weekend shooting left one man dead and three others injured.

Order issued by Chicago Police Superintendent. David Brown Hush Chicago at 311 W. Chicago Ave. has closed following a mass shooting early Sunday morning. In a summary closure order posted at the entrance, the club and its owner, Martini Bros. Inc.

The swift action comes after the Chicago Sun-Times reported in September that most of the businesses the city closed over violence were in low-income areas on the South and West Sides.

Despite an increase in violence downtown in recent years, only one business in the area has closed under a summary closure ordinance enacted in 2015. It was the Sound Bar, a club at 226 W. Ontario St., where a security guard was killed. In 2019, the owner was injured in an alley shooting.

Subscribe to Fox 32 on YouTube

Officials went easy on heavy bars and businesses, including political donations from Mayor Laurie Lightfoot, who owns Carmen Rossi, who runs several restaurants and clubs and holds Lollapalooza’s liquor license.

Two of his bars — Joy District and Liquorbox — have not closed since the shootings outside last year. Martini Bros. Inc. is run by Rossi’s colleague Vincent Lujan.

According to reports from the Illinois Liquor Control Commission earlier this year, Lujan is a silent partner in The Dime, one of eight hospitality-operated bars owned by Rossi.

Lujan could not be reached and messages left to the club and members of staff went unanswered.

No arrests have been made in the shooting

Police said the shooting occurred around 2:10 a.m. Sunday when security personnel evicted a group of people. At least two people opened fire and a security guard returned fire.

Arsen Solakha, 30, was pronounced dead at Northwestern Memorial Hospital after being shot in the chest, according to police and the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office.

Police said the 30-year-old guard was injured in the shoulder. A 24-year-old man and a woman were injured in each leg. All of them are being treated at Northwestern and are reported to be in good condition.

More: Man grabs gun left by wounded security guard after River North shooting: Prosecutors

Two weapons were recovered at the scene, police said, and 19-year-old Jimmy Silva was arrested nearby after seizing the gun left by the injured guard. Silva was jailed Monday on $20,000 bail on gun charges.

No arrests have been announced in the encounter. The shooting does not appear to be gang-related, a law enforcement source told the Sun-Times.

Police data shows a sharp rise in crime so far this year near the North police district where the shooting took place. As of Sunday, 13 murders and 44 shootings had been reported, compared to eight murders and 42 shootings at the same point last year.

On May 30, another shooting in an alley on the same block as Hush left two more people injured, police data show. No one has been arrested.


Source link

Avatar photo

About the author

Media Pyro is a site giving interesting facts about acer brand products. We also Provide information about your online Privacy Laws.