SILCHARA resident of Panchgram in south Assam’s Hailakandi district received a box containing two pillows, a brick and a straw instead of a pan which he ordered from the e-commerce giant. Flipkart soon.
According to reports, Bipul Das, a professional businessman from Panchgram, ordered from Flipkart (cash on delivery) a stove (of Havells, a global electrical appliance company) on November 7. On Monday, he received a package. and had two pillows, a brick and some straw instead of Furama and ordered it.
Bipul told reporters that he, after receiving the envelope from the delivery agent, became suspicious as the envelope was not sealed properly. He called the product representative and asked him to come to his house. After the furniture representative arrived, he asked him to open the package and the issue came to light, Bipul said.
He said that he will take legal action if the goods are not delivered immediately.
The delivery agent then phoned the manager of the delivery service company, Badarpur branch Sanju Sinha after which Sinha reached Panchgram. Sinha told the media that he informed his superiors about this matter and an investigation will be conducted to find out what happened to the item (the grinder) and who stole it. He suspected that the grinder had been stolen while it was in storage.
An employee of Flipkart, Silchar, who declined to be named, said that he was not aware of the matter and would report it to his superiors.
Also Read | Assam: An Afghan national was arrested for illegal stay in Karimganj
The latest stories
- A man in Assam ordered from Flipkart, got pillows and bricks
- This young Ukhrul used to cycle to Imphal. Won Manipur 1st NEOG gold
- Several people were injured in a clash in Bengal’s Birbhum, and 12 were arrested
- Assam: Seven exotic animals found in Hailakandi district
- A mega military exercise covering 7,516 km of Indian coastline has begun
- Assam: Woman, son trampled by elephant in Goalpara